Can I upgrade to Windows 10?
The Windows 10 free upgrade through the Get Windows 10 (GWX) app ended on July 29, 2016. You can purchase a full version of Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro for your Windows 7, 8 or Windows 8.1 PC. However, the best way to experience Windows 10 is on a new PC.
To get Windows 10, you’ll just have to download and run Media Creation Tool on Windows 7/8/8.1 and upgrade the PC to Windows 10. After the upgrade, connect to the internet and your older Windows license will be converted to a Windows 10 license.
According to a Reddit user who claims to be a Microsoft worker, Windows 10’s free upgrade for a year was ‘marketing fluff’ to maximize the adoption of the Operating System(OS).
How to Update Windows 10 Manually?
1. Select the Start (Windows) button from the bottom-left corner.
2. Go to settings (gear icon).
3. Select the Update and Security icon.
4. Choose Windows Update tab in the sidebar (Circular arrows).
5. Select Check for updates. If there is an available update, it will begin downloading automatically.
How much does it cost to upgrade to Windows 10?
Since its official release a year ago, Windows 10 has been a free upgrade to Windows 7 and 8.1 users. When that freebie ends today, you technically will be forced to shell out $119 for the regular edition of Windows 10 and $199 for the Pro flavor if you want to upgrade.
- Can you still upgrade to Windows 10 for free?
Although Microsoft has officially ended the free upgrades to Windows 10, you can technically still install the Operating System for free. If you’re still running Windows 7, 8 or Windows 8.1, you just need to download the Windows 10 installer. This is accomplished with the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
Featured services include:
• Upgrade support – Our experts will verify your PC meets the requirements and perform an upgrade.
• Training – Our experts can provide a quick overview of Windows 10 and give you some tips and tricks to get you up and running.
• Help finding the right PC – Our team of Windows experts will help you find the perfect PC for your needs.