Machine learning is the study of computer algorithms that improve automatically through experience. It is seen as a subset of artificial intelligence. To get certified in machine learning one has to do a bachelor in artificial intelligence and then specialization with a Master in machine learning. There are the best free online course for machine learning beginners and intermediate learners as well as experts. The national average machine learning salary, according to Indeed’s research, is approximately $146,085 (an astounding 344% increase since 2015).
Data analytics is the science of analyzing raw data in order to make conclusions about that information. BS Degree in Data Science and Analytics. To learn data analytics, find the best data analytics course choosing from hundreds of free (DA) courses, or pay to earn a skill of Specialization in data analytics. A senior analyst with around six years of experience commands a higher salary of about $88,000, but specialization can make the data analyst salary soar past the $100,000 mark.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Artificial intelligence (AI) refers to the simulation of human intelligence in machines that are programmed to think like humans and mimic their actions. BS Degree in Artificial Intelligence requires basic computer technology and math backgrounds to form the backbone of most artificial intelligence programs. AI professionals with little or no industry experience can make between $300,000 and $500,000, per year in some parts of the world.
So what is the difference between all of them?
- As artificial intelligence combines large amounts of data through iterative processing and intelligent algorithms to help computers learn automatically and minimize human error.
- Machine learning uses efficient programs that can use data to self learn without having to be instructed explicitly.
- Data Science works by sourcing, cleaning, and processing data to extract meaning out of it for analytical processing which can later be used in artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms.
Top examples of all three fields in real-life:
- Artificial intelligence can be seen in chatbots, cybersecurity, voice assistants like Siri and healthcare algorithms to predict patient prognosis, etc.
- Machine learning can be seen in autonomous driving, facial recognition, and navigation systems.
- Data Sciences has been known to find usage in Fraud Prevention, healthcare analysis, and E-commerce.