7 Steps to prevent the spread of the virus
1. Wash your hands frequently
Washing your hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based rub kills viruses that may be on your hands.
2. Avoid touching your Eyes, Mouth, and Nose
Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose, or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and can make you sick.
3. Cover your cough with the bend of your elbow or tissue
This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately since the droplets spread the virus.
4. Avoid Crowded places
Keep your distance (2 metres/6 feet) from a person who is coughing or sneezing to reduce the risk of infection. Canceling major public events is wise, but most Americans need not stay away from crowds or airplanes.
5. Stay at home if you feel unwell. Even with a sight fever or cough
Contact your manager/HR department before going to work if you suspect you are infected or have been in contact with a confirmed case
6. If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early – but call by phone first
Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention, and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority.
7. Stay aware of the latest information from WHO
Keep yourself in touch with the latest updates on the virus. Prevent Misinformation and scams.